Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I finally got to take my new bike out for a spin.


When I think of May, I think of warm temps, blue skies and short sleeve shirts. Apparently Colorado has another idea of what May should look like. Between work and crappy weather, it has taken me until today to get out for my first ride of the season. It wasn't a long ride but it was nice to get out and test out the new ride.We rode in Cherry Creek State Park. This is where numerous tris and other races take place.

In other news, I have signed up for the MS 150. If that isn't motivation to get out on the bike then nothing is.
My friends overwhelmed me with donating over $400.00 within hours of my registration. I was very touched.

The weather report calls for rain and possible SNOW for Tuesday through Friday. Oh, and the OWS areas are open. Yikes! 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, hope you enjoyed the new wheels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have your bike's cousin. I haven't figured out my hydration system yet (I only have a single water bottle holder) on it and have only taken my road bike out in anger so far this year. Next week, I hope, this all changes!

    Don't new bikes always feel fast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MS 150 is a great ride! My friends and I are doing it also. I can't wait! The support is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for getting out on the new bike! It's a beauty! How did it feel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bike is a beaut!!!

    I am doing the ms150 in my area, sounds like its going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally hear you on this May weather! Sunday was so nice...can't it stay like that for at least 2 days? I guess not in CO!

    I'm glad you were able to get out and ride your bike! I hope you had a good ride! I ride around Cherry Creek State Park all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice new ride! 150 miles? On a bike?! What are you guys... triathletes or something?

    Awesome that you raised a lot of money for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete