Saturday, April 7, 2012


For months now I have been telling myself that I need to blog, need to catch up on all the posts on BT (Beginner Triathlete), need to post in the mentor group, need to get a training plan, need, need, need!  Of course none of that has happened... until today.  My motivation has been hiding out somewhere for months and I just haven't been able to find it.  But you know what, I am not alone!  I went back a couple of weeks to read some of the blogs that I follow, only to find out that motivation has been a struggle for many.  I am not going to analyze it to death, just enjoy the sigh of relief knowing that it isn't "just me".  I know I need to have more balance in my life.  My work is draining as I am constantly giving to others. I have other people who need and want from me. I have had unexpected challenges that have added stress.  It just piles up. 
I feel good writing this blog post.  I don't have a lot to say but I am glad to be back in touch and reading my fellow bloggers posts makes me feel connected again.

Below are a few pics of highlights and low lights of my year so far and of what is to come.
It is good to be back.

There is a whole world out there.

What can I say?

Never would I have thought I would buy one of these things. No excuses now!!!

10 years old but not even 100,000 miles.

Totaled :(

Finally, a vehicle that I can put my bike into!!

It took eight months but my office is no longer my dumping ground.

Blurry pics but you get the idea.



  1. Love your blog! You go GIRL! Happy Easter!!

  2. Happy to hear from ya again! Don't worry about the blogging. Do it when it feels right.

    Have a great time training and let's ride together soon!

  3. While not an expert, I do have some IMFL hints. Let me know if you want any.

    Great on getting back into the game. Looking forward for the continued adventure.

  4. I went through a "dont feel like blogging" phase, sometimes life is too busy

  5. So nice to see a post from you! I hope you post more!

  6. I just stumbled across your blog - I'm considering signing up for a (very short!) triathlon but it's quite daunting! And your gym area reminds me of the one my husband & I have set up, even down to the squishy flooring :)