Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Finally some one on one time with my tri bike

I have spent very little outdoor time with my tri bike. Seems crazy doesn't it?   Between the weather and group rides that won't allow tri bikes or road bikes with aero bars, my time has been limited. This past week I changed that.
I went to one of the local parks a few days ago to get some ride time in without all the cars and traffic.
It was windy which made for some challenging moments as my bike and I were blown sideways a bit but it was nice to get out.

Today I summed up my courage and went for a ride on the open road. There were some good climbs and some great downhills. I spent most of my time in the aerobars with the exception of some of the downhill parts and some rough spots in the road. I am very glad that I have had aerobars on my road bike for the past 1.75 years as it has made the learning curve much smaller then it would have been otherwise. I didn't break any speed records today but being outdoors, time on the tri bike and exploring some new places to ride made for a very good day.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a really nice area to ride! So hows that new beauty feeling? I sent you an email and replied to your post over at BT. Would love to ride up in Boulder with you that weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got some time on the tri-bike. My friends and I hit Highway 105 today and the wind kicked our arses. It was very windy! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for getting time on your tri bike! I'm glad you had a good ride! I got a long ride in too on Sunday! I went out to Chatfield and it was the perfect place to spend lots of time in aero! Where did you ride? It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Highlands Ranch and the ride started at my house and we went south to Castle Pines and back.
    Chatfield is a great place to ride.

    Aimee, I sent you an e-mail about riding in Boulder. I hope you received it. (I used the e-mail off of the BT site). Maybe we can get to Boulder in early July.
    I am also considering doing the Metro Brokers race just to get one under my belt. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw on BT that you registered for the Metro Sprint! Woohoo! Maybe we can all meet up before the race?

    Also, I got your email about riding in Boulder, and just responded in your BT thread! I would love to meet up in July to ride the HIM course! If you ride it before that, let me know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats some gorgeous riding and LOOK at those shoulder, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finally getting out on that tri bike. Doesn't that feel awesome?!

    I am a little jealous of that road. Makes me want to get my bike out there and start motoring.

    Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete